Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good thing I don't smoke...

http://www.chantix.com/content/tv_ad.jsp

I could not believe when I saw this commercial. This CHANTIX commercial starts with a tortoise and a rabbit in a hypothetical race to be nicotine free. This is a pill that will help you quit smoking cigarettes by blocking nicotine receptors in your brain. As the commercial developed it showed about a minute long warning about side effects. Among many side effects such as nausea and vivid unusual/strange dreams, they emphasized the suicidal thoughts that have been reported with this pill. It makes you think that you are better off smoking than taking a pill and risk killing yourself.
I can’t comprehend how they would even spend the money to advertise such a pill. Why not spend the money in refining the pill to be bit less suicidal?! I encourage you to see this commercial and see for yourself. I hope you are not a smoker and if you are I hope you are like the rabbit in this commercial, just chilling while watching the tortoise struggle. (buajaja) Or you can always go cold turkey.


They state a statistic that states:

And as the classic fable has taught us, a steady approach may
be the wisest approach. In fact, studies show that 44% reached their
quitting goal at the end of 12 weeks on
CHANTIX (vs. 18% on sugar pill).

LOL If you don’t kill yourself first.

No comments: